Freelance writing & editing
I’m a multidisciplinary writer and editor with a wide range of experience with:
- Search-engine optimized content (SEO)
- Website content & commercial blogs
- Intranet content & employee newsletters
- E-marketing content
- Press releases & backgrounders
- Ad concepts & development
- Editorials & feature articles
- Taglines & slogans
- Marketing materials
Design & visual communications
I have a solid background in visual communications, and offer project management and design services for:
- Business cards
- Publications layout & design
(digital & print)
- Brochures & leaflets
- Amazon book publishing
- Newsletters & email templates
- Website content layout
I offer strategic guidance and advice for clients wishing to:
- Increase their online presence (websites, FaceBook, SEO, LinkedIn)
- Engage with their customers (email marketing campaigns, newsletters)
- Enhance their digital and print exposure (print ads, newsletters, AdWords)
- Improve communications at work (internal campaigns, change management plans, engagement strategies, communications training)
Let’s talk about your project
What can a freelance writer do for you?
I can help you:
- Produce creative, persuasive text that sells your products and services
- Motivate your audience and improve your profitability
- Brainstorm copy ideas and possible angles for your ad materials
- Proofread your materials and catch spelling and grammar errors
- Contribute original ideas for brochures, online text, ad campaigns and newsletters
- Edit, restructure or rewrite your material to refine your ideas and message
- Meet your deadlines with quality materials
- Work with your graphic designers, account executives and team to bring your project from concept to completion.
How it all works
We’ll first have an informal chat about your project to discuss what you’re looking for. Don’t worry, I can help guide you if you’re not sure about how to proceed with your project.
Once I’ve understood your needs, I’ll then prepare a quote that outlines the work that needs to be done, pricing, and deadlines for review and delivery. If you accept the quote, I typically ask for a percentage as a retainer before starting the project.
I then start work on your project, send you an initial draft for review, and work with your feedback to make any necessary changes. Once we finalize your materials,I’ll invoice you for the remaining amount (minus the retainer).
I’m often asked what my standard rate is. Each project is entirely different from the next, so I work with you to understand your needs and produce communications material to suit your budget.
Some projects are charged by the hour, others by the word or according to a predefined budget. I always provide an estimate after our initial conversation so you know what you’re looking at, and I stick to my budget – and my deadlines!
What we may discuss in our first conversation:
- Talk to me about your project and your deadlines.
- When are you ready to get started?
- Who’s going to be collaborating on this project?
- What do you love (or hate) about your current marketing materials?
- Who am I writing for?
- Do you need me to sign a non-disclosure agreement (NDA)?